Welcome to Our Lady of the Snows Parish
Thank you for visiting Our Lady of the Snows Parish website. We hope that you will find here all the information you need about our parish and activities. Not registered with us yet? Send us an e-mail, or fill out the form on the lower left side of this page. We would love to have you as part of our vibrant community.
Fr. Stan Rataj, Pastor
- Our Queen of Hearts split the pot is at $5,680. Tickets are 6 for $5.00.
- Wednesday, June 12th – is Recycling Day: Paper and Electronics (except televisions). Location: Polish Highlanders – 4808 S. Archer Avenue – from 9a to 1p. They will also dispose of any prescription drugs for you.
- Sunday, June 16th – Happy Father’s Day! – we will be selling “Krispy Kreme” donuts while supplies last.
- Friday, June 21 through Sunday, June 23 – OLS HUGE Garage sale – 9a to 3p all three days – plus the Youth
Ministry will be selling hot dogs and nachos!
Just got a text that a man purchased a $300 painting at a thrift shop and it could be worth millions! Come and see what treasures we have…..
- Sunday, June 23 – the Boy Scouts are having their famous and delicious bake sale.
- Friday, June 28 – PATRIOT DAY PARADE – join us on this day as we participate in the parade; pass out church/school flyers; give out goodies; close at Wentworth park with hot dogs/movie
- Monday, July 1st – Open “Registration” for our Religious Education Program.
- Wednesday, July 24th – SIX FLAGS GREAT AMERICA DAY for 8th GRADERS AND HIGH SCHOOL students - see the youth ministry page for more information.
- Saturday, August 3rd and Sunday, August 4th – ‘TASTE OF SNOWS’ event – delicious food, entertainment, games, and more. VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED – join us for a meeting on June 10th at 7:00p.
- Saturday, August 24 – Sunday, August 25 – STAND UP TEAM LEADERSHIP RETREAT - see attached
Save the Date
Mark your calendar for Saturday, August 3rd and Sunday, August 4th when we will have our “Taste of Snows” (Kermes) event in Kinsella Hall and our Parish grounds. We will have food vendors, games, raffles, great prizes, entertainment and more!! We would like to have a big “Basket Raffle” and are accepting donations (you choose the theme). Of course, we will need many volunteers, to make this happen. If interested, please leave your name and phone number with the Parish office.
Diabetes Prevention Program
You’re invited (adults 18 years +) to participate in a “FREE” Diabetes Prevention Program on Wednesday, June 19th from 2p to 3p at the LSV Center – 7745 S. Leamington, Burbank, IL. Estan invitados a un Programa para la Prevencion de Diabetes “GRATIS” el Miercoles, 19 de Junio de 2p a 3p en el Centro LSV en el domicilio antes mencionado.
FREE SUMMER MEALS/COMIDAS GRATIS DE VERANO
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is sponsoring a “Free Summer Meals” for all children 18 and under. Healthy and nutritious summer meals are available for children when school is out. To find a site close to you, call 1-800-359-2163. El Departamento de Agricultura de los E.U. esta patrocinando “Comidas Gratis de Verano” para todos los niňos de 18 aňos y menos.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION REGISTRATION (REP)
Many of you have been asking about registration for the next Religious Education Program semester. We will begin accepting registrations on Monday, July 1, 2019. We will require a copy of your child’s Baptism Certificate and First Communion Certificate (if applicable). REP tuition will be due at the time of registration. Muchos de ustedes han preguntado cuando seran las incripciones para el proximo semestre de las clases del Programa de Educacion Religiosa. Estaremos aceptando registraciones comenzando el Lunes, 1 de Julio 2019.
Mark your calendar from Garage Sale (REVISED DATES) There was a need to revise the dates of our HUGE Garage Sale. Instead of June 14th through June 16th, the new dates are: JUNE 21 THROUGH JUNE 23. We are still accepting garage sale items. They can be dropped off during the week from 9:00a to 9:00p (by the display case in the foyer). If donating clothes, it would be helpful if they are washed and separated by men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing.
Hall Rental Dates
Looking to rent space for your special private event (graduation, reception, anniversary, baptism, quinceañera, retirement, etc.)??? Consider celebrating your special event at Our Lady of the Snows Parish hall. We can accommodate up to 250 people, round 72” white banquet tables and white chairs are available, you have access to our kitchen, there’s AMPLE parking, wheel chair accessible, and MORE! You provide the food and beverages (NO HARD LIQUOR PERMITTED) and we do the cleaning! A $100 deposit is required to “reserve” your date. Contact the Parish office for more information and ask about our competitive rates.
Esta en busca de un salon para su proximo evento personal (recepcion, graduacion, Bautizo, jubilacion, cumpleaňos, etc.)? Si es haci, aun temenos fechas disponibles para rentar el salon. Llame a la Oficina Parroquial para mas informacion.