Frequently Asked Questions

How can I become a member of this parish?

You may stop by the Parish Office and fill out a form, or you may call us or send us an e-mail with your name, address, phone numbers, and names of those in your household.

I would like to have my child baptized.  What steps should I take?

We do baptisms every Saturday and Sunday.  Please, call us with a date in mind and we will do our best to accomodate to your preference.  Baptisms can be done in English, Spanish and Polish.  A one-hour session to prepare for baptism is required for parents and godparents.  This is offered once a month.  Classes are available in English and Spanish.   For the Rite of Baptism itself, we have everything we need for this sacrament. However, some families enjoy bringing their own candle and shell, which they purchase in another establishment.

How can I enroll my children for their First Communion or Confirmation?

We offer a comprehensive religious education program, and we encourage parents to enroll their children when they are about to enter First Grade.  Children usually make their First Holy Communion at the end of Second Grade.  Children who come to our program are encouraged to stay for every year of Grammar school.    Confirmation takes place at the end of Eighth Grade. For both, Communion and Confirmation, a minimum of two years of religious education is required prior to receiving these sacraments.

What are the steps for getting married at your church?

In order for an engaged couple to contemplate marriage, they must call the Parish Office and set up an appointment with one of the clergy, at least six months prior to the intended date for marriage.   At this appointment, initial paperwork is filled out and a thorough description of the process is provided.

A relative has passed away and I would like the funeral Mass to be celebrated at your church.  What should I do?

The best course of action is to contact first a Funeral Director who will be coordinating the services.  That director contacts us once there is agreement with the family as to when to do the wake and the funeral Mass.  No funerals Masses are celebrated on Sundays.  Our service include a prayer service at the wake, a funeral Mass in our church, and internment.

My daughter is turning 15 and I would like her to have a special Mass. How can I arrange it?

Cotillion or Quinceanera Masses are very popular in our community.  We recommend you reserve the date a year in advance, as our calendar fills up very quickly.  Anyone interested should come to the Parish Office, fill out a form, and leave a deposit to reserve the date.  These Masses can be celebrated in any of the Parish three languages.

How do I present my child to the temple?

The Presentation of a child in the temple can be done at the 12:30 Mass on Sundays.  If family prefers a private setting, parents should contact the Parish Office to find a an available date and time.

How can I arrange for a special Mass for an anniversary?

We celebrate Masses for diverse ocasions: anniversaries, birthdays, etc.  Anyone interested is encouraged to call the Parish Office to find a date and time.

Can I rent your parish hall for a private event?

Yes, you can!  Our Parish Hall is available for rent for private parties such as birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc.   Please contact the Parish Office for details.  Dates fill up very quickly, so we encourage everyone to call as soon as possible.  Due to insurance regulations, we are not able to rent the hall for fundraisers, commercial and/or business presentations.

How can I enroll my children in your school?

Please contact the School Office anytime at 773-735-4810.

I need to do some community service hours.  Can you help me?

We can always use a pair of extra hands to do our work.  Please contact the Parish Office.  We will try to work with you.  It is important you contact us as soon as you are aware that you need to complete these service hours.